LOOKING FOR GOOD REASONS TO DRINK COFFEE?
There are many good reasons to drink coffee and there are a few reasons not to. In recent time, I have read and equally contributed to many articles telling us what’s bad for our health but there is always a good and food side to life. I have painstakingly compiled these lists of benefits of drinking coffee even though in moderation from peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Two cups of coffee can cut post-workout muscle pain by up to 48%
- Drinking coffee could lead to a longer life
- It increase your fiber intake since a cup of brewed coffee represents a contribution of up to 1.8 grams of fiber of the recommended intake of 20-38 grams
- Coffee protects against cirrhosis of the liver. Research conducted showed that those who consumed 6 or more cups per day had a 22% lower risk of diabetes
- Even newer research out of Sweden revealed that drinking coffee reduces the risk of Parkinson’s diseases even when genetic factors come into play
- Lowered risk of Type 2 Diabetes
- Lowered risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Reduces suicide risk and Depression
- Coffee drinkers have less risk of heart disease as Korean researchers found that study participants who consumed 3 to 5 cups of coffee a day were less likely to show the beginning signs of heart disease.
- Coffee drinkers have stronger DNA
- Lower Risk of Multiple Sclerosis
- Coffee reduces colorectal cancer risk. Researchers at USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center found that those that consume 1-3 cups of coffee a day have a 29% reduced risk of developing liver cancer (hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), which is the most common type.However, coffee may not be beneficial for everyone. Those with certain heart conditions, caffeine sensitivity, and woman who are pregnant should stick to decaf or tea.
Courtesy: Caffeine Informer Staff
Like us on our facebook page (FoodpreneurNews).
Telephone: +234-7059549741/ 07061842021/ 08091251141